Four taken to hospital after e-scooter left to charge catches fire: report
An electric scooter charging in the bedroom of a Yishun flat caught fire on Tuesday (8 November) morning, setting the room ablaze.
A 23-year-old man sleeping in the room awoke to the sound of an explosion and saw that his room was on fire.
Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao said that the man climbed out a window to escape the fire. Two neighbours who saw what happened then rushed into the flat, pulled him up and escaped the flat.
Three other occupants in the flat were brought to Singapore General Hospital; two suffered smoke inhalation and a third had burns. A fourth person was taken to Khoo Teck Puat Hospital with minor injuries, said the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF).
SCDF officers extinguished the fire and the incident is now under investigation.
Last month, an infant and three others were injured in a fire that started after an electric bicycle was left to charge overnight in a second-floor HDB flat in Bukit Batok.
More Singapore stories:
Cleaner jailed, caned for molesting maid in lift after stalking her
Man who knocked out student outside secondary school jailed two weeks
Asean scholar jailed 4 months for breaking into SMU professor’s account, changing grades