Elderly woman hospitalised after fire at Tampines flat

Elderly woman hospitalised after fire at Tampines flat

The aftermath after a fire in a Tampines flat involving a PMD that was left charging. (Photo: SCDF/Facebook)
SINGAPORE: An elderly woman was taken to the hospital on Tuesday (Oct 9) after a fire at a Tampines flat.The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said in a Facebook post that the fire started from a personal mobility device (PMD) that was left charging in the living room of a 10th-floor flat at Block 240 Tampines Street 21.
rose nearly 350 per cent from 2016 to 2017, even as the number of calls related to fires hit a 40-year low.
There have been more than 80 fire incidents involving motorised PMDs since 2016.All motorised PMDs must meet fire safety standards by 2021 to ensure public safety, Senior Minister of State for Transport Lam Pin Min had said in Parliament last month.
Source: CNA/aa(hm)