Infant and three others injured in fire caused by overnight charging of e-bike
A fire that was caused by overnight charging of an electric bicycle occurred on the second floor of an HDB block in Bukit Batok, injuring an infant and three other residents.
In a post on its Facebook page on Thursday (12 October), the Singapore Civil Defence Force said that it was alerted to the fire on the second floor of Blk 231 Bukit Batok East Ave 5 at about 3.50am.
The injured were sent to National University Hospital for minor injuries.
A picture of the incident posted by SCDF shows a charred flat and corridor area.
SCDF said, “With the popularity of personal mobility devices (PMDs) such as electric bicycles in Singapore in recent years, SCDF would like to remind members of public on the prevention of such fires.”